WEDNESDAY, APRIL 20, 2016
HSINCHU, Taiwan – April 20, 2016 – MediaTek today announced its MediaTek LinkIt™ Development Platform for RTOS and the platform’s first hardware development kit (HDK). This platform is the first from MediaTek delivering a common tool chain and set of APIs for multiple chipsets, offering developers the ability to create a range of IoT devices using one common software development kit, the MediaTek LinkIt SDK v3.
The HDK, based on the MediaTek MT7687F Wi-Fi system-on-chip (SoC), supports developers looking to create advanced connected appliances, home and office automation devices, smart gadgets and other IoT innovations. Future HDKs will enable developers to target other IoT device segments with comprehensive wireless technology options, including Bluetooth and cellular connectivity.
“Professional developers continue to be catalysts for turning IoT ideas into actual products. MediaTek Labs is committed to delivering the best hardware and software development platforms, as well as technical and business matchmaking support, for these developers to quickly get to market,” said Marc Naddell, Vice President of MediaTek Labs. “The MediaTek LinkIt™ Development Platform for RTOS opens the door for developers to build a full range of IoT devices that are power efficient with secure Wi-Fi connectivity and commercially viable.”
Key features of the platform include:
- Based on the popular FreeRTOS with modules (source code available) for TCP/IP, SSL/TLS, HTTP (client and server), SNTP, DHCP daemon, MQTT, XML and JSON.
- Supports SoCs based on the ARM Cortex-M4 architecture, offering high performance, low power connectivity.
- Comprehensive support for peripheral interfaces; such as UART, I2C, SPI, I2S, PWM, IrDA and ADC.
- Chipset specific features support, such as Wi-Fi using the MT7687F.
- Development and debugging support in Keil μVision and with command-line tools.
The LinkIt 7687 HDK is developed by Silicon Application Corp. (SAC), using hardware board reference design from MediaTek. The HDK provides a low-cost, easy-to-use IoT development board for the design, prototyping, evaluation and implementation of commercial IoT projects. The board offers developers a range of essential features to ensure devices are market ready. Key features of the SoC and board include:
- MT7687F module on board. The same module is available for manufacture of final IoT products
- Wi-Fi with integrated security engine (AES and 3DES/SHA).
- Embedded SRAM/ROM and 2MB serial flash.
- Battery (2xAA) and fixed power connection options.
- Support for essential pre-commercial testing from a debugging port, a U.FL connector and headers reserved for power consumption monitoring.
- Pinout compatible with Arduino Uno (Revision 3), with an eight pin extension connector offering versatile peripheral connectivity, including UART, I2C, SPI, I2S, PWM, IrDA and auxiliary ADC.
The LinkIt™ 7687 HDK is available for purchase starting today athttp://ec.wpgo2o.com/AdDetail/MediaTek/7687
Reprint from MediaTek official website: http://www.mediatek.com/en